- The events are scheduled to take place across June/July 2020 (Dates TBC).
- You must register your school’s interest by the 14th February at ChancetoDanceHull.com.
- Each school will then be required to pay a £100 Participation Fee. (Confirmation of entry will be sent out upon successful payment of participation fee and completion of required forms).
- Schools will create a 5-8 minute performance around their chosen theme.
- To participate:
- Performers – A minimum group size of 10-15 performers is required. Additional performers above 15 can be registered for £5 per participant, up to a maximum performing group size of 100.
- Stage Crew (additional) – Each performance can (but is not required to) include 10 members of Stage Crew (6 adults / 4 students. ) These additional roles could be Stage Support, Hair and Make-up/Wardrobe, Lighting Operators & Sound Technicians.These can be registered for £5 per participant.
- Any adults attending in a purely supervisory capacity do not need to be included in these numbers.
- Each school is permitted to spend a maximum of £3000 on their production. This includes all make-up, costumes and set build. We want to see creativity and student participation within all elements!
- The performances will be judged by industry professionals on three criteria: Presentation (hair, make-up, costume), Performance (choreography, music) and Production (set design, lighting, sound).
- The three winning schools will receive prizes to improve performing arts access in their school community, such as workshops from world-class choreographers and tickets to touring theatre shows.
- Schools must be prepared to allow participating students one full day away from school on the event date.
- Each school must allocate one dedicated ‘Liaison Teacher’ to be the direct contact between their school and the Chance to Dance event team.
- A Head Teacher Declaration must be signed prior to the event.
- The Head Teacher Declaration and Event Rules will be sent to schools in the form of an Information Pack, upon confirmation of entry by the event organiser.
If you're interested in taking part, you can let us know using the button below.